Suggested agenda to review prior to an NER group ride:
- Before the meeting, suggest all leads/sweeps get their voice comms connected and operational in time for ride departure.
- Welcome riders & introduce yourself and sweep rider. If splitting the ride into multiple groups, introduce all leader/sweep combos and have riders go stand with their group.
- Outline itinerary for the day. Review route and stops.
Pass out directions & maps for those who don’t have them.
- Talk about staggered formation basics and likely single file conditions on the route.
- Review the hand signals you may use during the ride (chart below) & remind riders to pass them along in the formation.
- Go over how to handle group separations.
- Check that everyone has a full gas tank and ask if anyone’s bike will need gas in a shorter distance than you have planned for the fuel stops.
- Go over the pace for the ride.
- Ask if there are any new riders, or new to group riding riders – place them up front, behind and to the right of you, the ride leader
- If there are trikes or sidecar rigs position them in the group – sidecars up front, and trikes in the rear. Remind all riders that these bikes have the whole lane; they do not ride staggered formation
- Remind all riders to “Ride your own ride” – “You are responsible for your safety”. When in doubt, pull out of the group and just meet up at the stops at their own pace.
- Ride safe and have FUN!