Come ride Atlantic Canada with your fellow New England Riders and enjoy friendship, great riding and of course food!
New Brunswick and Nova Scotia have great riding with spectacular water views. Be sure to visit Meat Cove and to take the scenic hike on Skyline Trail for unforgettable views (below.)
- Riders will ride the U.S. to Moncton Ride and the Moncton to Baddeck Ride on their own or with friends. Riders will do these rides on their own timetables and meet the group in Baddeck.
- The group will spend the main part of the trip (June 30 – July 5) together at the Cabot Trail Motel in Baddeck, NS. For this part of the trip, riders will ride the Cabot Trail Counterclockwise Ride, The Cabot Trail Clockwise Ride, the Bras D’Or Lake Ride, and the Lake Ainslie Glenora Ride (all rides below.)
- Riders will ride the Baddeck to Halifax Ride, the Halifax to Wolfville Ride, the Wolfville to Summerside, and the PEI Ride on their own or with friends. Riders will again be on their own timetable.
All posted rides are great and include hotel, restaurant, and scenic view suggestions.
The photo below is of an easy recommended hike with spectacular views. It would work well with the Cabot Trail Clockwise Ride:
|Cabot Trail Motel|
|8448 Trans-Canada Hwy, Baddeck, NS B0E 1B0, Canada|
|Group Code||New England Riders|
- There is a quiet time by 11 pm
- There will be a 30 day cancellation policy
- The motel will release any rooms blocked with no guarantees 30 days prior to arrival
- The motel has a HARD rule of no smoking anywhere other than designated smoking areas
- The motel has a waterfront green space that the group can gather after 11
Baddeck NS is a pleasant little town on Bras d’Or Lake. There are plenty of good restaurants, shops and attractions near the hotel.
There will be a Group dinner at the Cabot Restaurant in the Cabot Trail Motel (trip hotel.)
We are trying to have a music night at the Cabot Trail Motel (trip hotel.)
We may have a group lobster dinner at Baddeck Lobster Suppers
We may attend a Ceilidh at St. Michaels: https://www.baddeckgathering.com/index.html
|The Cable Room at the Telegraph House|
|Baddeck Lobster Suppers|
|The Freight Shed: Waterside Bistro & Market|
|High Wheeler Cafe|
|Bean There Cafe|
Below are several vetted day-rides to choose from on this trip. We may also list some suggested routes to and from the trip destination hotel.
Info about NER GPX Files Content