Ride the scenic Adirondacks with your fellow New England Riders and celebrate the season with a weekend of friendship, great riding and of course food!
Lake George is the southeastern gateway to Adirondack Park, and is within easy reach of Lake Champlain and the state of Vermont. The region boasts numerous scenic mountain lakes including Lake George, Lake Champlain, Schroon Lake, and Great Sacandaga Lake. There is good riding in all directions with a nice mix of exciting twisties and scenic sweepers.
This area was of key importance during the French & Indian and Revolutionary Wars. There are many historically significant sites and monuments scattered around, to help learn about the past.
|Wingate by Wyndham Lake George|
|4054 State Route 9l Lake George, NY 12845|
|800-965-2203 or 518-668-4884|
|Group Code||New England Riders|
30 rooms have been blocked off for our event. Room reservations should be made through the front desk. Call the Hotel directly and give the Wed-Sun trip dates.
The reduced group rates include a hot breakfast buffet:
$99.00 for Wednesday and Thursday nights
$129.00 for Friday and Saturday nights.
There will be an official NER parking area for all of our bikes. A bike washing station will also be made available with a hose, bucket and old Hotel rags.
The town of Lake George sits at the southern end of its scenic namesake, at the site of historic Fort William Henry. It is a great little resort town, with plenty of restaurants, shops, activities, and historic sites to explore. NER tends to visit in the off-season, when you can expect the sidewalks to be basically rolled up by 9pm, if not earlier.
A couple good tourism/activities sites:
Uber is available.
The NER group dinner on Friday is the only fixed item on the trip schedule. Some of us will be visiting a different restaurant/pub each night around 6:30 (unless otherwise posted) for a highly rated inexpensive dinner. Folks are welcome to join in the “crawl” or make their own plans as desired.
Tuesday – Dinner and drinks at 163 Taproom
Wednesday – Dinner at Bistro Leroux – This upscale place is great, but you have to ride or take a cab.
Thursday – Dinner and a show at Lake George Dinner Theater (early bird discount before 6/30).
Saturday – Dinner at the Adirondack Pub followed by the Jazz Fest in the Park. https://www.lakegeorge.com/annual-events/jazz-festival/
|Barnsider Smokehouse BBQ|
|Adirondack Pub & Brewery|
|Smokey Joe’s Saloon & Grill|
|Silo Restaurant, The|
|Cate’s Italian Garden|
Walking distance from hotel:
- 163 Taproom – Nice pub with good beer selection (review)
- Charlie’s Bar and Kitchen – Great food, terrific reviews (review)
- Spice Gyro and Kabob – Superb Gyros neat the Wingate Hotel. (review)
- The Lake Theatre – (review) – Comedy play and a well rated meal.
- Caffe Vero – The place to go for great coffee. (review)
- Biscotti Brothers Cafe – Good breakfast near the Wingate Hotel. (review)
- George’s Restaurant – The place for steak. (review)
- Pizza Jerks – Lake George’s best pizza. (review)
- Ali Baba Express – Mediteranen Restaurant. (review)
- Bistro LeRoux – Chef owned and open kitchen. (review)
- Caldwell House Restaurant – Excellent food. (review)
- Sushi Yoshi – Good choice for Asian specialties. (review)
- Lone Bull Pancake and Steak – (review)
- Farmhouse on Top of the World – A Rachel Ray favorite. (review)
- Log Jam Restaurant – Good food in real log cabin. (review)
- Augie’s Family Style Italian Restaurant – Ballston Spa – very good family Italian
- Hatties – Saratoga Springs – Famous Fried Chicken and other great southern comfort food.
Below are several vetted day-rides to choose from on this trip. We may also list some suggested routes to and from the trip destination hotel.
Info about NER GPX Files Content