Ride the scenic Adirondacks with your fellow New England Riders with a weekend of friendship, great riding and of course food! Lake Placid is in the heart of the Adirondacks Park, and is within easy reach of Lake Champlain, the state of Vermont, and the Canadian border.
|Best Western Adirondack Inn|
|2625 Main St Lake Placid, NY 12946|
|Group Code||New England Riders|
30 rooms have been blocked off for our event. Room reservations should be made through the front desk. Call the Hotel directly and give the trip dates. There will be an official NER parking area for all of our bikes. A bike washing station will also be made available with a hose, bucket and old Hotel rags.
Reduced group rate:
$99.00 + tax, per room.
This hotel is in a perfect location. It is right on Mirror Lake and across the street from the Olympic Arena, the Olympic Speedskating Oval, and the Olympic Museum. The Lake Placid Brewery is right next door.
Originally settled as an iron mining community, the village of Lake Placid became the summer refuge of the urban elite seeking to escape stifling city heat in the cooler mountain air. These wealthy families built their “Great Camps” on many of the lakes in this region.
The 1932 Winter Olympics put the small town on a worldwide stage, and it was selected to host the games again in 1980, where the Miracle US hockey team went down in history. Now a fully modernized all-season resort town amidst the surrounding wilderness, there are restaurants, shops, and many attractions to visit – many within walking distance of the hotel, right up the main drag.
Uber is available in Lake Placid.
The NER group dinner on Friday is the only fixed item on the trip schedule. Some of us will be visiting a different restaurant/pub each night around 6:30 (unless otherwise posted) for a highly rated inexpensive dinner. Folks are welcome to join in the “crawl” or make their own plans as desired.
Thursday – Smoke Signals – Good BBQ in Lake Placid.
|Big Mountain Deli & Crêperie|
- Bluesberry Bakery – Good baked goods near the movie theater. (reviews)
- Emma’s Lake Placid Creamery – The place for ice cream. (reviews)
- Great Adirondack Steak and Seafood Company – Steaks, chicken, pasta and fresh seafood dishes. (reviews)
- Lake Placid Pub and Brewery – Good microbrewery & pub (reviews)
- Liquids and Solids at the Handlebar – Great drinks and small plates. (reviews)
- Lisa G’s – Chicken, fish, steak, pizza. (reviews)
- Main Street Pizza – Good choice for delivery near the hotel
- Taste Bistro – Good choice for quality dinner at the Mirror Lake Inn. (reviews)
- Wiseguy’s Sports Bar – Good pub food near the Best Western. Pool tables and darts. (reviews)
- Wyatt’s – Burritos and tacos. (reviews)
|Cascade Lake View|
|Crown Point State Historic Site|
|Whiteface Mountain Summit|
- Adirondak Loj – the gateway to the High Peaks Region. Beautiful ride.
- Adirondack Extreme Adventure Course – an elevated obstacle tree-top course
- Bowlwinkles – Bowling in Lake Placid
- Mirror Lake Boat Rental – Rent electric boats, paddle boats, and sail boats in Lake Placid
- Natural Stone Bridge and Caves – Pottersville, NY
- Olympic Center & Museum – Where the U.S. won hockey gold in 1980 plus the speedskating oval dominated by Eric Heien.
- Olympic Sports Complex & Sliding Center – (review) Bobsled rides, with a professional driver and brakeman.
- Olympic Jumping Center – (review) Tour the olympic ski jumps.
- Palace Theater – Movies in Lake Placid
- Wild West Ranch – Re-creation of a western town
Below are several vetted day-rides to choose from on this trip. We may also list some suggested routes to and from the trip destination hotel.
Info about NER GPX Files Content