Ride the Quebec City region, Charlevoix, and the Saguenay Fjord with your fellow New England Riders. Enjoy friendship, great riding and of course food! This trip plan involves staying in two different base camp cities: Quebec City and Baie-St-Paul.
THIS TRIP HAS NOT YET BEEN VETTED WITH A GROUP
|Auberge Aux deux Lions|
|25 Boulevard Rene-Levesque Est Quebec City, Quebec G1R 2A9 Canada|
We will stay at the Three Stanley Avenue B&B on the first and last night of our trip (on the way up to Quebec and on the way back). There is a restaurant next door and is a very short walk from downtown. Breakfast is included.
3 Stanley Avenue
Kingfield, ME 04947
We will stay at the Auberge Aux Deux Lions while in Quebec City. Room reservations should be made through the front desks or online. The Auberge has a great continental breakfast for a small fee.
Our group will divide to stay at two B&Bs while in Baie-St-Paul. They are side-by-side and close to restaurants and pubs. Both B&Bs have breakfast, hence the name. 🙂
Gite la Chambres des Maitres
109 rue St-Anne
Baie-St-Paul, QC G3Z 1P3, Canada
Baie-St-Paul, QC G3Z 1P3, Canada
We will stay in Quebec City for 2-3 nights. Spend one day doing the posted walking tour of Quebec City. Spend the optional second day either riding the Chicoutimi Ride (much of which you will see during the Baie-St-Paul Rides) or going back into the city. When done in Quebec City, do the Quebec City To Baie-St-Paul Ride for the rest of the trip.
Check out our NER Quebec locale page for more resources on riding in this province.
The name “Québec” comes from the Algonquin word kébec meaning “where the river narrows”, and originally referred to the area around Quebec City where the Saint Lawrence River narrows to a cliff-lined gap.
The name “Canada” comes from the St. Lawrence Iroquoian word kanata, meaning “village” or “settlement.” In 1535, indigenous inhabitants of the present-day Quebec City region used the word to direct French explorer Jacques Cartier to the village of Stadacona. Cartier later used the word Canada to refer not only to that particular village, but the entire area subject to Donnacona (the chief at Stadacona); by 1545, European books and maps had begun referring to this region as Canada
Both cities we stay at are very walkable.
|Galette Libanaise, La|
|Restaurant L’orange Bistro|
|Joe Smoked Meat (Baie-St-Paul)|
- Bistro Sous le Fort – lower town – French cuisine. (reviews)
- Cafe Sirocco – Near Auberge Aux Deux Lions hotel. (reviews)
- Café St-Malo – Lower town at the Port – French cuisine. (reviews)
- Cochon Dingue – Near Auberge Aux Deux Lions. (reviews)
- Paillard – Upper town within the walls – Bakery, breakfast, sandwiches, soup. (reviews)
- Le Chic Shack – Upper town within the walls – Hamburgers, Great Fast Food, Ice Cream, Café. (reviews)
- Le Billig – Great crepes in the hip St-Jean-Baptiste neighborhood. (reviews)
- Restaurant Le Grafitti – Near Auberge Aux Deux Lions). (reviews)
- Restaurant Trattoria La Scala – Near Auberge Aux Deux Lions). (reviews)
- Ah La vache! Au petit resto suisse – (reviews)
- Cafe Aromes et Saveurs – (reviews)
- Le Diapason – (reviews)
- Restaurant Les Labours – (reviews)
Below are several vetted day-rides to choose from on this trip. We may also list some suggested routes to and from the trip destination hotel.
Info about NER GPX Files Content